4 hours Risk Managemnt CE’s
Experienced Indiana Personal Injury Attorney
The attorney who wrote the book on soft tissue injuries, Soft Tissue Injuries and Hard Ball Tactics (available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble) -
William “B.J.” Kelley is a founding member of Craig, Kelley & Faultless with main offices in Indianapolis and Batesville, Indiana. He grew up in Indiana and graduated from Georgetown University Law School, cum laude, in 1985. After law school, B.J. was admitted into the Attorney General’s Honors Program and became a Trial Lawyer at the Department of Justice handling trials in federal courts across the United States. In 1992, he and his wife Lisa (a pediatrician) moved back to Indiana to raise their two children. Since that time, B.J. has personally resolved well over 5,000 personal injury cases and devoted his legal career to representing injured people. He has tried cases in various Indiana and Ohio courts and has spoken at legal and medical seminars in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and other states. BJ published Soft Tissue Injuries and Hardball Tactics, in 2013, so that chiropractors, physicians and osteopaths could educate their patients and themselves on insurance carrier tactics.
This talk will focus on issues every chiropractor should know about assisting patients who have been injured in car wrecks and slip and fall incidents - - regardless of who is at fault. Issues covered relating to car wreck and slip and fall patients will include:
1) billing and being paid by health insurance (including Medicare and Medicaid),
2) billing and being paid by the patient’s auto insurance,
3) billing and being paid by the responsible third party’s insurance,
4) record keeping,
5) obtaining MRIs and referring to physicians and osteopaths,
6) narrative reports,
7) depositions and trial testimony,
8) what happens if the wreck or fall occurred in Ohio or Kentucky?,
9) assignments and liens,
10) filing a complaint with the Indiana Insurance Commissioner if the carrier is not treating you fairly.